Mom and Dad were both surprised that I had as much hair as I did when I was born. The other day Dad said I was losing my hair, which they expected. However, Mom thinks my head is just growing because I have hair, it is just further back on my head. Today my mom gave me a bath, scrubbed my head, and then slicked my hair with baby oil. (Her friends and books claim this helps with cradle cap!) I think I look ridiculous-although it is hard to tell in the pictures she is posting them anyway.
Speaking of looking ridiculous, my mom and dad watched the movie, "The Happiest Baby on the Block" to get advice on how to calm me down when I am upset which is usually in the evenings. They got some great pointers- one being how to swaddle me. They have swaddled me from day one, but below is the NEW & IMPROVED version. I love it (at least when I am asleep).

3 comments:
Happy Birthday to your mom, little guy!!!!! You have WONDERFUL PARENTS, but don't let them put too much baby oil on your head!!!! We LOVE YOU ALL!!!!
:)
Tracy and Ann
Don't worry they wiped off the baby oil. I think it worked well, my cradle cap is gone.
Dear Nolan:
Thanks for mentioning Dr. Karp’s DVD “The Happiest Baby on the Block”. You should also tell your mom and dad that white noise, like the Super Soothing Sleep Sounds CD, will help you sleep an additional 1-3 hours every night! According to Dr. Karp, white noise is a key factor to helping increase a baby’s quality and quantity of sleep. The CD should be played as loudly as a shower sound every night.
For more information, or to purchase the CD, have your parents go to www.thehappiestbaby.com. Happy baby years!
Best wishes,
Laila
The Happiest Baby, Inc.
Post a Comment