Sunday, February 28, 2010

Potty Training: Day 1

Nolan turns 2 1/2 this week, so we thought that marked a time in which we should start potty training. When he woke-up I gave him the option of wearing a diaper or a pair of big boy underwear. He chose underwear, so from that point forward Chris and I committed to putting Nolan on the potty every 15 minutes. It was about 2 minutes before the next 15 minute mark when Nolan had his first accident. We continued throughout the day, Nolan had a total of 4 accidents and 3 successes. We were very pleased with the results. When he has a successful potty experience he is rewarded with "two treats", which is candy corn. I bought them at Halloween time since he loved them so much and not having them for a few months got him very motivated. Nolan is still on the fence about committing to being potty trained, trying to bring us diapers, but we are trying to stay consistent.
Nolan proudly wearing his boy big underwear.

No comments: